Table of Contents
Did you accidentally lose your phone, or was it stolen, and you were unable to get it back? Don’t fret. This guide will teach you how to block phone using IMEI in the Philippines. This way, the thief or anyone who would find your phone will be unable to use it or sell it.
For starters, IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It typically comprises 15 decimal digits (for IMEI) or 16 decimal digits (for IMEI/SV) that include the device’s origin, model, and serial number. Once the phone gets blocked using IMEI, the device’s access to all local networks will be disabled, instantly making it useless.
It’s a scary feeling when you realize your phone is missing. Whether it was stolen or just misplaced, it’s important to take action quickly. Here are some steps to follow if your phone is stolen and how to block phone using IMEI in the Philippines.
How to Block Phone Using IMEI in the Philippines?
For Filipinos who lost their smartphone, here are simple steps on how to block phone using IMEI Philippines. You can choose between the two options below:
Option 1: Personally go to NCT Regional Office
Your first choice is to visit the NCT Regional Office and see to it that you bring the following requirements:
- The box of the mobile phone showing the IMEI or Official Receipt with the IMEI number
- Two (2) valid IDs (at least one released by the government). Among the government-issued IDs accepted are birth certificates, NBI clearance, passports, driver’s licenses, and postal IDs.
Here are the steps:
- Visit the NTC Regional Office. To know the location/address of the closest branch to you, go to the NTC website (ntc.gov.ph) and tap “Regional Office” in the website’s menu.
- Present the requirements to the employee. You will then fill out the forms given to you.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- You can also call NTC on this mobile number 0919-299 9999
Option 2: Send a Mail, Email, or Fax
If you don’t have time to personally go to the NTC Regional Office, another option of how to black phone using IMEI Philippines is sending them a message. Make sure to provide them with the following:
- Accomplished and notarized form (Affidavit of Ownership and Loss with Undertaking). You can download the form from the NTC website (ntc.gov.ph/downloadable-forms-2)
- Scanned copy of the phone’s packaging box (barcode/sticker) displaying the IMEI or a copy of Official Receipt with IMEI number
- Scanned copy of two valid IDs (at least one issued by the government)
Here are the steps:
- Send all the required documents to this email address email@example.com.
- Now, wait for their response concerning the IMEI blocking status of your phone. Check both your inbox and spam folder regularly. Normally, it will take them around four days to reply.
What do you do if your phone is stolen in the Philippines?
If your phone is stolen in the Philippines, there are a few things you can do.
You can go to the nearest police station and file a report.
You can also try to find your phone using a tracking app, if you have one installed (Check out the list below).
If you’re unable to find your phone, you should contact your service provider and have them disable your account.
You should also change any passwords that were stored on your phone.
What to do immediately after your phone is stolen
If your phone is stolen in the Philippines, there are a few things you should do immediately.
First, report the theft to the police. You will need to give them your phone’s IMEI number and a description of the phone.
Second, call your service provider (Smart or Globe) and let them know that your phone has been stolen. They will be able to deactivate your account and prevent anyone from using your service.
Third, you should contact your insurance company if you have insurance on your phone. They may be able to help you replace your phone or get a refund for it.
Finally, file an affidavit of loss and have it notarized with a lawyer.
For Globe/TM subscribers:
Please call 211 using any Globe/TM number to report lost SIM card smartphone.
For Smart subscribers:
Please notify by sending a message on the Smart Facebook page or Twitter account, @SmartCares, to report the lost or stolen mobile phone in order to protect the security of your smartphone account. Additionally, you can use a Smart number to call the Smart telecom helpline at *888, or a landline to call (02) 8888-1111.
Don’t forget to bring an affidavit of loss and a valid ID.
How to replace your SIM card
Here are simple steps about replacing your Smart or Globe SIM cards if your phone is lost or stolen in the Philippines.
For Globe Telecom Users
Use the Globe self-service channels to access the assistance you require for your stolen phone questions and problems.
For Smart Telecom Users
Smart postpaid customers:
Upon reporting a loss to Smart, outgoing calls will be instantly prohibited. You can also ask to have incoming calls blocked.
Visit the closest Smart Store and provide the necessary documentation to obtain a SIM replacement.
Smart prepaid subscribers:
Prepaid consumers can request a new SIM card by going to a Smart Store. Find out more about the prerequisites for SIM replacement here.
How to try and get your phone back
If your phone is stolen in the Philippines, there are a few things you can do to try and get it back. First, file a police report. This will give you a reference number that you
can use to track your phone if it’s recovered. Next, call your service provider and tell them your phone was stolen. They’ll be able to deactivate your account so that the thief can’t use it. Finally, reach out to any friends or family who may have had contact with the thief and see if they can help you track down your phone.
What to do if you can’t get your phone back
It’s a sinking feeling: you reach for your pocket, and your phone is gone. Whether it was snatched by a thief or you simply misplaced it, now you have to figure out how to get your phone back. Here are some tips on what to do if your phone is stolen in the Philippines.
First, try calling your own number. If the person who has your phone answer, politely ask for it back. If they refuse or hang up, don’t worry – there are other options.
Next, contact your service provider and request that they suspend service to your lost or stolen device. This will prevent someone else from using up your data or racking up a huge bill on your account.
Finally, reach out to family and friends who may have seen or heard something about where your phone might be.
How to prevent your phone from being stolen in the Philippines
If you’re traveling to the Philippines, it’s important to be aware of the risk of phone theft. There are a few simple steps you can take to prevent your phone from being stolen:
1. Keep your phone out of sight as much as possible. This means keeping it in a secure pocket or bag and not using it in public places like SM malls, Starbucks, or parks where it could be easily snatched.
2. Be aware of your surroundings when using your phone. If you’re in a crowded place like SM mall or an area that feels unsafe, put your phone away and be extra vigilant.
3. Don’t leave your phone unattended in public places such as night market tiangge, Robinson’s mall, SM mall, Greenbelt, and tricycle stations. This includes not leaving it on a table in a restaurant or café and not leaving it in your car when you go into a store.
4. Turn on your phone’s GPS locator and tracking software. If your smartphone has a built-in GPS locator, be sure to turn it on. This will allow you to track the location of your phone if it gets stolen, along with its current signal strength.
What software I should install to track my stolen smartphone?
If you’re unfortunate enough to have your smartphone stolen, there are a few steps you can take to try and recover it. First, you should install tracking software onto your device in case it is lost or stolen. This way, you can remotely lock the device and wipe your personal data if necessary. There are a few different options for tracking software, but we recommend Lookout Mobile Security for its comprehensive features and ease of use.
Once you have tracking software installed, you should also report the theft to the police and your mobile carrier. Give them as much information as possible about the device and when it was stolen. Your mobile carrier in the Philippines may be able to disable the phone so that it can’t be used on their network, making it harder for the thief to profit from your misfortune.
Apps for a stolen phone
Here are apps that you need to install on your smartphone to locate your stolen smartphone
Lessons Learned: How to Block Phone Using IMEI in the Philippines?
In conclusion, by following the steps above, you can block your phone using IMEI in the Philippines. This will prevent anyone from using your phone if it is lost or stolen. Additionally, it is important to regularly check your IMEI number to make sure it has not been changed.
Blocking your phone using IMEI in the Philippines is a relatively simple process. All you need is your IMEI number to contact your service provider. Once your phone is blocked, it will be much more difficult for someone to steal or use your phone without your permission.
It is important to know what to do if your phone is stolen in the Philippines. First, it is important to contact your service provider and let them know that your phone has been stolen. Second, you should file a police report as soon as possible. Third, you should try to find your phone using a tracking app or by contacting the person who stole it. Fourth, you should change your passwords and security settings. Finally, you should consider getting a new phone.